It can cost a fortune to move—so much so, that many people decide it’s not worth the hassle. But what if there was a way to make your next move as easy and stress-free as possible? This is where professional moving companies come in…
We all like to think we are pretty good at moving. But when it comes to actually organizing a house move, most of us fall down on the job.
A recent survey indicates that 77% of homeowners would rather give up sex than movers. That’s why I’ve assembled a team of experts to reveal 10 unexpected ways to make your next house move as smooth as possible.
From the moment you start looking for a new home, to the day you close on the sale, you will be guided through every step of the process with no surprises.
This guide is designed to help you:
- Find the home of your dreams at a price you can afford.
- Negotiate the best price you can get (and still afford) when you decide to sell your current home.
- Have all necessary paperwork prepared in advance so the transaction goes as smoothly as possible.
- void (or at least minimize) the most common nightmare scenarios that many homeowners face when they hire a mover.
- Get an accurate and fair estimate from qualified professionals who have no financial interest in getting you to hire them.
More Moving tips from expert
How to make your next house move as smooth as possible. Are you struggling with the daunting task of packing up and moving? If so, this could be a very profitable situation for someone who is willing to exploit it for profit.
The first step is to identify and then cultivate an “expert” who will pack everything for you in a very neat, organized manner. Of course, this person will also need to be trustworthy and won’t charge an arm and a leg for his or her services.
Next, you will need to provide your expert with a clear description of what you want packed. Finally, you will need to offer your expert a generous (and fair) amount of money for her trouble. This is one situation where paying extra really does buy extra… you get what you pay for!
What happens if you don’t have enough money to pay your expert to pack up and move your house? Not to worry. There are plenty of people who will do it for “free” if they can get paid for it in some other way. For example, maybe you can offer to donate your old house to charity or give away.
The first step is to create a “master move” calendar. List all the chores that need to be done around your home and, next to each one, list the day(s) you can do it. Put the days with the most convenient times at the top of the list. Then, as you complete the chores, check off the appropriate days and continue to work down the list until everything has been crossed off.
There are certain “clues” that predict with surprising accuracy whether a person who is selling his home will get a quick sale or a “double-take” from the market.
Here are 10 Tips
1. Figure Out What You Want To Do
2. Gather All The Necessary Paperwork
3. Organize A Neighbourhood Watch Group
4. Hire A Moving Company To Do The Job For You
5. Negotiate A Fair And Reasonable Price With The Movers
6. Arrange To Have Your Belongings Packed Up And Ready To Go
7. Unpack Your Belongings In Your New Home
8. Go Over The List Of Everything That Was Told To You By The Mover And Put It Away In Your “Essential” Boxes
9. Go Over The List Of Everything You Need To Do And Put It In Your “To Do” Boxes
10. Go Over The List Of Things You Don’t Need To Do And Put It
That’s why it’s so important to work with a company that has the moving expertise and the resources to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Don’t put all your faith in advertising. Put your trust in an moving expert.